Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

So here we are once again. At the beginning of a brand new year, full of possibilities and new resolutions  for the future, rainbows and blah blah blah. I mean really, do people ever really keep up with the resolutions they make at the new year anyway.  I'm not a cynical person but seriously, it's just another year. With that being said, and not wanting  to come off like a complete scrooge,  in the spirit of new beginnings and all that, I suppose there are a few things I would like to change in my life. We all have some things we can improve on, right. So after much reflection I came up with a list of changes, improvements and things I would like to accomplish. Here are a few I deemed worthy, or should I say appropriate, for the blogosphere.


1.            For a while now I have only been posting recipes in an effort to whittle down my pile of magazines. It has been a little bit slow going because most of the time I forget to take pictures. I kind of get in a groove with cooking and before I know it it's almost time for E to get ready for bed and we have to eat quickly. That is one of the things I would like to change this year. I am re-implementing  (because I used to do this and somehow got out of practice with it) weekly menus so I can spend less time deciding what to make and thawing out meat (because I always forget to take it out of the freezer) and more time actually eating the dinner and enjoying time with my family, and oh yea taking some pictures.


2.            I would really love to post all the recipes I have clipped and put into a binder, that is now overflowing, so that I can have a one stop shop for all my menu planning forays . Having to sort through all those clippings really does take the fun out of menu planning.


3.            I went around the house and made a list of things I wanted to get  done for each room. Admittedly, it is kind of a long list especially because the house we are in is a little older and really could use some TLC and a smidge of updating. I am presenting Tech Man with the list tonight, which I am sure he will be just thrilled about. (hee hee hee)


4.            I am really going to try to make time to do more little projects with E. We did a few over the Christmas break and she really loved it; and we came away with some pretty cute things (of course I forgot to take pictures).


So I guess it's not so bad to be hopeful for the new year after all. Actually I'm kind of excited to get started and even as I'm writing this I have thought of other things I can add to the list. I think I'll start with the picture wall I have been trying to do for, oh, about two years now. My sister will be so proud of me. I'll let you know when it's done.


Tell  me what New Year's resolutions you have committed to.

Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment