Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's for Ellie's class


So valentine's day is right around the corner and for the first time in the history of me having children I am actually done with my daughters valentines  and not hastily  writing out those little cards the night before the class party. I really wanted to do something different this year so I went on Pintrest to get some ideas. WOW! There were so many cute and ingenious ideas it was really hard to pick just one. I am always amazed at what people come up with.  I went back and forth on several then let the boss pick which one she liked. E decided to go with the "I dig you" valentine we saw on  thefryfamilyblog.blogspot.com.

I couldn't find the exact same shovels at the store so I went with more of a scoop. They were a little more expensive than I would have liked but I didn't think I had enough time to order them off the internet. I got blue for the boys and pink for the girls. I think I will stock up on shovels for future projects in the summer when they are really cheap. I also went with jelly beans instead of M&M's, mostly just because I like them better :)



I really would have loved to buy the cute stamp cutters and do a fancier tag but I was already over my budget with the scoops so I opted for a little heart stamp and white tags instead. I'm hoping that as I start to do more of these little projects I will learn how to do them a little cheaper and build up my crafting supplies.


I think they came out very cute though and E is very pleased and excited about giving them to her friends as well.

I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!

Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment