Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Cilantro Lime Quesdillas


TeckMan is out of town again this week, so it's just me and the girls at home.  Now, I don't know about you but for me this automatically means I don't feel like cooking,  because let's face it, the girls really don't care what I make as long as they are full at the end of it. But, I guess I still need to feed the monkeys, so armed with that most wonderful of modern marvels, the precooked rotisserie chicken, and a newly discovered gigantic bag of cilantro at Costco, I decided to throw together some quesadillas.

Quesadillas happen to be my go to for a quick meal I know the kids will eat without question and they are also really great for using up leftovers like bean salad or pretty much any kind of meat. Last night it happen to be chicken, and paired with the cilantro (my second favorite herb on the planet), a little onion, a splash of lime...ahhh yum!

I usually use the uncooked tortillas and grill them on the flat grill. I think they get a little crispier than the regular ones but, having said that, it takes a little longer to cook them. I guess it's up to you if it's worth the wait. I think it is.

Now, because I just threw these together I don't really have any measurements. Just be sure to think about how many people you have and make enough filling to accommodate.  I think sometimes the best creations come when you just throw a little of this and a little of that in anyway. It's always fun to experiment.


Filling
rotisserie chicken, chopped
big handful cilantro, chopped fine
red onion, chopped fine
sweet bell pepper, any color, chopped fine
avocado, chopped fine
splash of lime juice
salt and pepper to taste


flour tortillas
shredded cheese


Combine all the ingredients for the filling and mix well. 


I use a flat grill to make these because it allows me to make two at a time but you can use a fry pan as well, just make sure it doesn't get too hot or you'll burn the tortillas before all the cheese is melted. Cook  one side of the tortilla until lightly golden, about 10 to 20 seconds depending on which kind of tortilla you have, remove from pan. Place another tortilla on the grill and repeat . Flip over and layer cheese, filling, then cheese again. You don't need all that much cheese, just enough to hold the tortillas together. Top the filling with the remaining tortilla, uncooked side up. When the bottom tortilla is done flip over to cook the top tortilla.  Remove from pan and cut into four pieces. Serve with sour cream, taco sauce, or Tabasco sauce.


Enjoy!!!

Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment